EXCELLENCE IS THE PATHWAY TO A SUCCESSFUL FUTURE.
· in continuous evaluation and improvement of the academic achievement
within the district
· in providing the best educational experience for all students which
promotes life-long learning
· all children can learn and reach their full potential
· learning is cultivated in a safe, nurturing and respectful environment
· open and effective communication creates active partnerships
· a highly qualified, committed and motivated staff is critical to
Fox River Grove School District 3 serves approximately 500 students in grades K-8 who are housed in two separate buildings, the Algonquin Road Elementary School (K-4) and the Middle School (5-8). The staff includes a superintendent, two principals, 40 teachers, and 28 support staff. A dedicated seven-member board of education is continuously working to improve the education of the students.
Along with core classes, students at both schools participate in "specials" such as physical education, general music, computer technology, and visual arts. In addition, students at the middle school participate in band, chorus, foreign language, health, and speech/drama classes. The district also supports guidance, speech, and special needs programs.